Wednesday, March 28, 2018

How Many Crafts Can One Do?

I've recently taken up crochet. Why? I dunno. Keep my mind and brain occupied. Idle hands, ya know. I ordered a set of crochet hooks and they came in this fancy pantsy bag...



Yeah. That big is not really my bag, man. Know what I mean? The contents of the bag suited my needs, but the cheap flowery bag had to go. I wanted something more my style and a little bigger to also hold a small ball of yarn. I pulled out some fabric that I've held onto for a couple of years now.


Now that's more my style! Everyday is Halloween (if I had my way anyway). I dug out a coordinating orange solid for the top and for the lining, along with some batting to give it some bulk. I wanted this to be a quicker project and didn't want to deal with any quilting, so I sewed the top and back to the batting as I went.


Soon enough, it was zipper time. I dislike sewing zippers. Intensely. Immensely. I don't find it especially difficult, but I do find it tedious. I'm also on the edge of my seat hoping I don't break a needle. And I did today. Twice. It makes me jump. Maybe I need to learn how to do it better (or properly?), but it did turn out nicely once I added the top stitching.



Once that was done, the rest was a relative breeze. I sewed the sides together, boxed the bottom corners and Bob's yer uncle! I little bag for some doodads.



Isn't it just the most precious thing you've ever seen? No? Well, me either, but it's serving its purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment